The Fritzing Creator Kit is out of stock for a long time. But when we reorganized Fritzing last year, we found several of the original Fritzing Creator Kits deep in the basement underneath the old Kreuzberg office. The kits are complete, with a nice colored book, and either an Arduino Mega or the Arduino Ethernet. Kaya is selling them via eBay: Fritzing Creator Kit Mega and Fritzing Creator Kit Ethernet. If you recently paid for our download and build service, please ask her for a discount for the Creator Kit. Unfortunately, shipping is limited to the EU.
We found some creator kits
PCBs at half the price
I am happy to announce a new tariff from our PCB manufacturer, AISLER. From now on, you get 3 Arduino-sized PCBs for 11.92€ instead of
23.84€. This also applies to higher volumes, for example, 12 boards for 30 Euros. How is this possible? With the new tariff, you give them 8 days to work on your order. If you are developing your prototype and prefer the fast iterations, of course, rapid two-day manufacturing is still available. You can choose while placing the order at aisler.net. See all the exact details at AISLER.
Fritzing Fab now powered by AISLER
Your trusty PCB production service is taking a big step! Effective today, Fab is powered by AISLER, a smart and affordable electronics manufacturing service. Yes, Fab has always been that, but with the support of our new partner, this will improve on all levels:
- Smart: Fab now automatically renders high-res previews of your Fritzing files, so it’s much easier to check for mistakes. Plus it acts as a repository for your projects, enabling you to revise and share.
- Affordable: The prices per cm2 are radically lowered, the checking fee is gone, shipping is free from 30€ – and you will get 3 copies per default. (Example: 1 Arduino Shield with the old Fab used to cost 42€ when ordering from Germany, now it’s 31€ and you’ll get 3!)
- Manufacturing: The PCB is of even higher quality (three times as precise and with gold contacts) and still proudly made in Germany. Very soon you’ll be able to order parts alongside the PCB, and more services are on the roadmap.
It's Fritzmas! New Fritzing "Code View" release, and a little present
Dear Friends of Fritzing!It's the time of the year again and we are happy to announce a new release featuring a brand new "Code View" that allows you to program and upload to your microcontroller straight from Fritzing. To celebrate this, we give you a nice discount on the perfect christmas gift, the Fritzing Creator Kit. Use the discount code FRITZMAS14 to get the kit for 89€ (instead of 95€) and make someone (or yourself) really happy this year. :) Read more on the release below. This is the new "Code View"! It lets you write your code directly inside Fritzing, and even upload it from there to your microcontroller. It even has a serial monitor. :) We love this, because it makes it even easier for beginners to get started with interactive electronics. And for more advanced people it's great because you can now keep your code together with the matching circuit--no more confusion! You can also link to files somewhere else on your hard drive, for example in your local Arduino folder. When the link gets broken, or you just send someone your Fritzing file, don't worry, because there's always a backup stored in the Fritzing fzz file. Right now the upload functionality supports Arduino and PICAXE, but more can be added as long as the platform's IDE has a command line upload option. The new release also brings with it many new parts, many kindly sponsored by their respective makers. Now you can easily document your circuits and fabricate shields/caps/hats etc. for:
- Seeeduino, Grove, and more, thanks to SeeedStudio
- Intel Galileo Gen 2, Edison, and more, supported by Intel Software
- Raspberry Pi B+ and RPi Hat template
- Pinocc.io Scout, Backpack supported by Pinocc.io
- LightBlue Bean, supported by Punchthrough
- UDOO Duo/Quad, supported by Udoo
- Touch Board, supported by Bare Conductive
- blueIOT, thanks to Guido Burger
- More SparkFun parts, thanks to SparkFun
Das Fritzing Creator Kit im Schulunterricht
Mit dem folgenden Rundschreiben wenden wir uns an alle Schullehrer in den MINT-Fächern (Mathematik, Informatik, Naturwissenschaften und Technik). Das Creator Kit hat sich mittlerweile im Unterricht an vielen weiterführenden Schulen bewährt. Falls Du selbst ein Schüler oder bist, kannst Du Dich mit diesem Schreiben an Deine Lehrer wenden.